Today's update (42590a8) brings with it the following changes:
- User sharing has never been allowed in Portfolio. It could sometimes cause performance issues that would impact the page response time of the entire system. A security feature was implemented that blocks a user from being logged in more than five places at the same time.
- Several database queries that work with arrays was changed to avoid generating very long queries. Now they use bind variables instead, which should be faster and cause less logging overhead.
- Objects that use
quiz() template functions can now be rendered with a submit button outside of the
read request handler. You need to set the
embed template function parameter
1 to use this feature. When it is activated, the quiz form will be submitted using XHR/AJAX instead of generating a page load.
- The user-interface in the object/container selector was changed from using multiple confirmation buttons to a single OK button and multiple radio buttons used to choose the insert method.
- When the object selector is used from TinyMCE the object you've highlighted in the editor is now selected in the object selector.
- The list of fully translated user-interface languages can now be customized. The site configuration variable
translated_ui_languages contains a comma-separated list of additional languages that should be supported on the site. This should solve the issue on CEFR sites that couldn't use German translations before logging in.
- More API documentation for request handlers was added.
- In recent versions of Chrome, the iframe-based method of embedding Flash content no longer works. The way Flash (.swf) content is embedded on the page has been changed to be compatible. The
use_resolve_path object custom_init parameter no longer has any purpose and can be removed. All Flash files now resolve relative file references based on the .swf object itself.
- Fixed navigation issue with add comment button on minvei.no
- Fixed issue with keyboard events not noticed by ping timer inside TinyMCE edit window.
- Fixed issue with non-HTTPS URLs being returned from LeseWEB API server preventing usage of synthetic speech feature.
quiz_timer() template function has been refactored into something that works with the new quiz form.
- Fixed issue in object selector when width and height was customized. It previously wasn't included in the injected HTML. Now it is. It now supports all CSS units.
- Fixed an issue where PIPE signal could interrupt WAVE to MP3 transcoding in an unexpected way.
Feature removals / deprecations
- The Flash plugin checker code was completely removed, as it no longer instructs modern browsers to initiate a Flash runtime download dialog anymore.
- The older Flash-based MP3 playback engine (musicplayer) used in the object selector was removed. The existing HTML5-based audio player (SoundManager2) is now used in the object selector. The musicplayer 3rd party component was removed.
read request handler query parameter
ignore_resolve_path was removed. The old method of embedding Flash content (.swf) was the only code that used it.
- The metadata panel in the object/container selector wasn't really used for anything, so it was removed.
- The title and uuid insert method options in the object/container selector were removed, as they weren't useful.