Today's update (631f59d) brings with it the following changes:
- A new feature was added, making it possible to add a unique text to each downloaded PDF file. This feature is enabled by adding add_watermark=1 to an object's custom_init variables. PDFs available to anonymous users will never have a watermark added.
- Completely refactor code used to generate HTTP responses for text content because of inconsistent text encoding semantics.
- Centralize the generation of the Content-Disposition HTTP header to ensure standard compliance.
- Improved the error message if no content was generated from a request handler.
- Added flash error message if script objects throw exceptions. Also removed old method of conveying errors.
- Default content type used by textual content in read request handler changed to be text/plain instead of application/octet-stream.
- The thumbnail request handler would sometimes return the wrong Content-Length if client had already cached content.
- Fixed internal server error if SVG with broken XML markup was displayed. Now the correct error message is shown.
- Fixed several situations where we could be causing mojibake (garbled text) because of broken text encoding:
- Object type link with non-ASCII text in URL.
- Objects with use_resolve_path=1 in custom_init and a non-ASCII file name.
Feature removals / deprecations
- Several XSL files not used in built-in code were removed.