Today's update (f631b63) brings with it the following changes:
- Logging on to Portfolio using e-portal will now include course access
permissions and supervisor relationships. In addition the user is added to
the specified groups at the institution and the active course is set to the
one the user clicked on in the e-portal. If a student logs in only the
supervisor(s) for that particular student is created, but if a supervisor
logs in, all of their students are automatically created. This is to ensure
a supervisor can send messages to all students immediately after logging in.
If students need to communicate with each other they need to both log in
before they can find each other. Users in both e-portal and Portfolio with
matching email addresses will be merged instead of creating new ones.
- Whenever a course is rebuilt by the editor, who and when that did it is now stored
and displayed in the administrative course list.
- Mind the Gap PIN codes for 2013 and 2014 have been added.
- The following translation languages have been added:
- Sorani Kurdish (Iraq)
- Punjabi (India)
- Dari (Afghanistan)
- Pashto (Afghanistan)
- Tamil (India)
- Video playback has been changed from using FlowPlayer to MediaElementJS. This
should ensure video playback specifically on Apple-based devices work better,
and other HTML5-capable browsers should also work better. If Flash or
Silverlight is installed, it will also utilize these as a fallback. The
following formats should now play back with a consistent user interface:
MP4, FLV, WebM and WMV.
- SoundManager has been upgraded to version 2.97a.20130512. This should ensure
better compatibility with HTML5 audio support in newer browsers when playing
back MP3 files.
- The synthetic speech option now uses the third-party generated MP3 files
directly, which should lower latency until playback is started slightly
because no transcoding is required anymore.
- If you submit a quiz on a page without framework, the resulting page will also
be without framework. This should make it cleaner to include quiz inside iframes.
- The institution course license list will no longer show excessively long decimal numbers.
- Quiz observations were kept forever earlier. Observations older than 6 months are now
deleted to conserve space and make reports faster.
- The chat server (Prosody) has been upgraded to version 0.9.1.
- A few HTTP cookies that were never actually being used was removed.
- Portfolio client-side applications that used the app custom_init variable
(instead of the deprecated player variable) got the wrong icon if a custom
icon was assigned. This affected DrillPro exercises. This has been fixed.