Today's update (c532951) brings with it the following changes:
- It is now possible to login to Portfolio using Fagbokforlaget's ePortal. This should solve the long-standing request of being able to login to Portfolio using FEIDE credentials. The ePortal is not available to the general public yet, but it is expected to go live around late-August 2013. Be aware that only authentication is provided at this stage. No permissions or memberships are created when you log in using this method.
- It is now possible to authenticate Portfolio with the new BookSync service, which gives access to your dbooks, notes and other stored information.
- Rewritten the resolve_path handler, which is responsible for simulating a traditional filesystem, required by many other features, e.g. apps. This is both a bugfix and a performance improvement. Overall it should be more robust. It was possible to start the resolve_path URL with something that was not a UUID. This feature has been removed, as it could cause confusion and bad behavior. Double slashes and single dots should now be properly optimized away. Double dots to traverse up to parent is still not supported, primarily because browsers tend to strip the URL part before the double dots as part of URL canonicalization rules. This in most cases causes the base UUID to be lost and path resolving to fail.
- CSS stylesheets now use the above resolve_path method during load, which makes it possible to reference images and other CSS files using relative paths, as long as they don't use back-references.
- Simplified the text and layout of the error screen. The technical reasons for the error are now less prominent.
- It is again possible to create a group without adding users using the institution management page.
- In some cases the page URL could be reported wrongfully to templates. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed some slightly wrong HTTP error codes in data and download handlers.
- The comment user interface is now hidden when printing a page.
- CSS objects embedded in element_meta overridden template now correctly end up in element_head.
- Flash and Java-based apps now properly use the app object's filename (or title) as a DOM class label.
- The element_useragent template function was removed, as it was no longer in use.
- The element_coursemenu template function was removed, as it was no longer in use.
- The template variable document_owner was removed from the page_footer template. It was never initialized, and there are better ways to get hold of that information now.
- The template variable quiz_present was removed from the page_footer template. It was no longer in use.
- The template variable document_iconsize was removed from the page_header template. It was never initialized, and other alternatives exist now.
- The template variable language was removed from the page_header template. It was only used once, and that usage was wrong. Other, better, alternatives exist now.